Header banner

Sunday, September 9, 2018

INTERESTING..........Wizkid to build schools in every African country

Nigerian superstar singer, Wizkid, has a big dream and it is about building schools in every African country.


Though the tweets has long been deleted, however Wizkid wrote;
I’ll need help from Fans to pick where we start this. trying to build a school in every Country in Africa.. Thats my dream.
“Using my own profits from this business partnership with Nike to build schools back home in Lagos. #Educationforeverychild.
“I’ll need help from fans to pick where we start this. Trying to build a school in every country in Africa. That’s my dream. Surulere, Lagos, Ghana and Benin Republic,” the tweet read.
It should be noted that Wizkid started his higher education at Lagos State University, but in his second year, he got  transferred to Lead City University. Wizkid was in 200 level, he dropped out because of his music career.

In 2009 the star began to record his debut studio album called Superstar. A single “Holla at Your Boy” was released in 2010. It was the heyday of his musical career. Wizkid said this about his education:
“…I don’t regret stopping school for a bit because it did give me all the time to push and work on my music. I’m definitely going to back to school. Education is very necessary and I hold it in high esteem…
I’ve fulfilled it already. I was in university and I left in my second year. Before I left, I was doing very fine academically and my parents had no problem with that; but when the music and the brand became bigger, I couldn’t stay in class because people were mobbing me.
It got really crazy and I don’t think there is any university I will go in Nigeria without getting mobbed. So, I just had to take a break from school and focus on my music for now.”
Cyprus University presented Wizkid an award for his contribution to Nigerian music few years ago. The lack of higher education does not prevent the singer from winning awards, singing new hits and recording albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment