Header banner

Friday, September 22, 2017

'I've not dropped my ambition to be a president but If Buhari decides to run in 2019, I'll support him' - Rochas Okorocha



Hehehe..........Before becoming the governor of Imo State in 2011, Rochas Okorocha had his eyes on the presidency but he tried three times and didn't get it.


The 55-year-old governor says he's still not given up on the presidency come 2019 but he'll wait for President Buhari to make a decision before he takes any step.

In his words, 'I've not dropped my ambition to be a president, I'm only respecting the gentleman called President Muhammadu Buhari who I think has what it takes to show leadership in this country. He's the only one I respect that if he's running then I should support him because the man has the character that we need to develop Nigeria. He has the thick skin that we need because we have a faulty foundation as a nation but I see Buhari as that man who can build the foundation of this county but I don't see him as somebody who will build this nation with all the fantastic finishing but I see him laying the foundation upon which subsequent structures can be built'.

He continued to say, 'In 2019, I have several windows open, as I wait for Mr President to make his declaration, I want to be politically relevant in 2019 because I should be politically relevant to help the people of Nigeria and I have made that decision because I cannot watch this country go down the drain'.

No comments:

Post a Comment