Header banner

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

DO YOU AGREE ? Dear Nigerian men, kneeling down to propose to a woman is unafrican ....MUST READ



hhehehe...he sent it to Fidelis Chidi blog.....Seeing as public proposals are the current craze, this man has this to say



In all my years on earth I haven't seen any black and white photo of the 1960s or 1970s showing our fathers or uncles kneeling down to propose to a woman. The only pictures I have seen are those of brides kneeling down to serve their groom wine or cake on their wedding day which is pure African culture.

This social media and westernisation and the internalisation of western socio-cultural conventions is turning men into something else. This role reversal of a man kneeling instead of the woman is a mockery of African culture.
Why should I kneel for a woman to accept my proposal of marriage? I still don't understand the rationale behind it. If kneeling is the prerequisite for me to marry, then I say Aluta virginity continua

Eniola Akinkuotu

No comments:

Post a Comment