Header banner

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Uduaghan berates Delta’s accountant for disappearing before handover

Image result for pics of uduaghan
Outgoing Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, has described the disappearance of the Accountant-General of Delta State, Mr Cyril Agbele, six days to hand over to a new administration as done in bad faith.
The governor stated this on Thursday, when Permanent Secretaries and retired PS paid him a farewell visit at Government House, Asaba, the state capital.

Read more
He expressed surprise that after a “fruitful discussion on arrangements” for the inauguration of the new administration, including security and entertainment, the Accountant-General made himself incommunicado.
Uduaghan said, “The Accountant General has disappeared in the last five to six days. The truth is that on Thursday, we met and I told him we have some payments to make in the areas of the swearing-in ceremony coming up tomorrow (Friday). He did not object; he did not say no and on Sunday, I was calling him, but he was not picking my calls.
ADVERTISEMENT
“On Monday, his phones had been put off and on Tuesday, he sent in a paper that he was sick. By Wednesday, he sent in a memo and I found this act very inconsistent and irresponsible.
“If there is something that I am doing that is not right, he should be free to tell me it is not right rather than disappearing. Just imagine running the affairs of the state for a week without funds; even security men have started withdrawing from their posts across the state.
“You know the security implication of this, particularly when peace and security are key agenda of my administration and I cannot compromise on it.
“It is a conspiracy to grind my administration to a halt and an attempt to set me up on a collision course with the incoming administration. I think it is very irresponsible.”
Uduaghan challenged the permanent secretaries to be good mentors to others, observing that civil servants were key to the growth of the country.
The governor said, “Permanent Secretary are very key to the growth of the country. I am very grateful that you remember to say thank you for the little I have done for you. I do know that most countries that have succeeded did so because of their strong civil service.
“At a time in this country, there was a strong civil service. Whatever industry this country had was made possible by civil servants.”
Head of Service, Mr Patrick Origho, told the governor that the civil servants were happy with his achievements as Governor of Delta State and wished him well in his future endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment