Header banner

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Edo gunmen stab three students in teacher’s kidnap in Uselu Secondary School, Benin


There was pandemonium in Uselu Secondary School, Benin, on Thursday when some armed men stormed the school premises and abducted one of the teachers.
It was gathered that the gunmen arrived the school, located in Egor Local Government Area of the state, in a vehicle at a‎bout 12.05pm and shot sporadically into the air, forcing the students to run in different directions.
It was learnt that they later forced the teacher into the vehicle, after stabbing three of the students, who tried to prevent the men from abducting their teacher.
Our correspondent  learnt ‎that the affected students, who sustained cuts in the chest, head and arm, were later rushed to an undisclosed hospital.
The students were, however, thrown into wild jubilation when the abducted teacher returned to the school premises, when our correspondent arrived at the school at about 2pm.
The teacher, who identified him‎self as Iguodala Chosen, said the gunmen told him that he was taken away over a fight between two students in the school but was later released by the leader of the group.
‎He said, “One of them said he was a soldier, so, I simply followed him. Then they started hitting me. When I asked them what I had done wrong, they said that it was because of the fight between two students.
“I told them that the Principal had intervened in the issue. Then they took me to National Youth Council at Slope, but their chairman pleaded with me not to be annoyed over how I was beaten and released me.”
ADVERTISEMENT
Efforts to reach the Edo State Police Command on the matter were unsuccessful

No comments:

Post a Comment