Header banner

Thursday, September 23, 2021

'It's difficult for me to understand why they spent £50million on him ' - Arsenal legend, William Gallas knocks the club over Ben White signing

 


Arsenal legend, William Gallas has knocked the English club for splashing a whopping  £50million to buy Ben White this summer. 

 

The former Brighton defender signed a five-year deal with the Gunners after impressing Mikel Arteta during his loan spell with Leeds and his 2019-2020 campaign with the Seagulls.  

 

However, Gallas can't 'understand' why Arsenal made the signing after Manchester United were able to purchase highly-regarded French centre-back Raphael Varane for a lower fee.

 

Manchester United agreed a £42m price tag for the Real Madrid star, including £34m up front and £8m in add-ons. 

 

Speaking about the difference in prices between White and Varane told GentingBet: 'It's difficult for me to understand why Arsenal spent £50million on a player who is yet to prove himself at the top level and at the same time Manchester United can spend around £40million on Varane.

 

'You have to explain to me how it's possible. Perhaps it's partly because Ben White is English. 

 

'Varane is a different class player compared to Ben White. Ben White is still young. As I said, he hasn't proved anything yet. How can you put a £50million price on him, you know?

 

He went on to say: 'I respect him. I don't know him. I respect him and I hope he will be the great player, but he hasn't proved anything yet. You can't compare Ben White and Varane, I'm sorry. It's not possible.

 

'It's not because he's a fellow Frenchman that I'm talking like this,' he added. 'He comes from Real Madrid. He didn't come from Brighton, with all respect to them.'

No comments:

Post a Comment