Header banner

Saturday, March 30, 2019

House of Reps members asked me for bribe – NAFDAC boss



House of Reps members asked me for bribe - NAFDAC boss lailasnews
The Director-General of NAFDAC, Mojisola Adeyeye, has alleged that members of the House Of Representatives Committee on Health asked her for bribe.
She said the committee members requested for the bribe before they can perform their oversight functions.
Mojisola Adeyeye made this known while speaking in an interview with Channels TV, stating that some House of Representatives members demanded bribes from her and even threatened her upon refusing to concede to their demand. She said;
“When I came to NAFDAC, there were a lot of things that were wrong. Take oversight function or whatever that is done, I was shocked when I was told to give money, I said money for what? … money to the committee that visited us. The Health Care Services Committee of the House of Representatives. I said I cannot. For just the visit? I couldn’t believe my ears because it saddens me. Yes, it can be referred to as them asking for a bribe. It saddens me. This is an organisation that was bleeding profusely. It wasn’t taken well at all. I was threatened and I couldn’t believe that too, you are threatening me?”

No comments:

Post a Comment