Header banner

Friday, June 26, 2015

Sepp Blatter drops bombshell: “I did not resign”

Sepp+BlatterThis one na wa ooo....Sepp Blatter has insisted that he did not resign as FIFA president, adding to speculation that he could make attempts to stay on.
The Swiss announced he was stepping down three weeks after his re-election, as the organization’s corruption scandal boiled over.

Read more
However, while addressing an audience at the topping-out ceremony for FIFA’s new museum in Zurich, he said: “I have not resigned. I am making my mandate available at an extraordinary congress.”
Speaking about the museum, the 79-year-old added: “Only those who know the past can understand the present and shape the future. Or in other words: the ball is round – but only those who come from outer space know the actual dimensions of our sport. For me personally, the museum is a labour of love. But do not get me wrong: I’m not ready for the museum nor for a waxwork yet.”
Swiss newspaper Schweiz am Sonntag had earlier suggested that Blatter could make a u-turn on his decision, after an interview with his former communications consultant, Klau Stöhlker.

No comments:

Post a Comment