Header banner

Saturday, January 31, 2015

If you lost a parent on your wedding day, would you go ahead with the wedding?..INTERESTING RESPONSES


Respondents
The loss of someone close could be disheartening, especially when one needs them most. The pain that usually accompanies such could be unbearable for many days thereafter. Some psychologists have also suggested that making decisions or executing plans during crisis moments could be dangerous because at such moments, the intellect would have been taken over completely by emotions, thereby making someone unable to think clearly. Due to this, we  asked some partners whether they would still go ahead with their wedding if they lost their parents on that very day
Read more
Everybody would go home until further notice
Rejoice Adanna
I would not like to think about losing a dear parent on my ‘big day.’ Even if the parent was not dear, as we have in some cases, honouring the dead by cancelling the wedding would be the right thing to do. Those whose emotions have dried up could still go ahead with the wedding. But I think the pain of loss would render the programme worthless. Everybody would have to go home until further notice.
I can’t imagine that happening
Oluwatoyin Goke
I pray such does not happen to me because I won’t be able to bear it. Even if it’s a friend I lost, I would be unhappy and might cancel the wedding, not to talk of a parent. I cannot even imagine such a thing happening to me on that important day when I need both parents to support me and pray for me. Don’t let me think about it. I know death is an ultimate thing and everyone will experience it sooner or later. But until that time comes, don’t let me worry about it.
It’d be cruel to wed that day
Alaere Godwin
In my opinon, only a person with no feelings would still go ahead and conduct the wedding. I know there is nothing I could do to bring back the dead, but the pain of loss would be so much to bear. The sudden transition from happiness to sorrow would make me crash. It is not possible that I would still be able to let a man take me to the altar at that very moment. The wedding would hold, but it would be on a later date. We’d apologise to the invited guests and I am sure they would understand. It would be cruel to go ahead with the wedding.
I wouldn’t wed that day
Inye Igani
Still wedding that day would make me look like a daughter of the devil, whose heart is full of darkness and evil. It would be devilish for me to wed that day. I don’t think I would be so desperate to wed. How awould I then pretend as if everything was alright? No, it wouldn’t be. I am sure the invited guests would also want the wedding to be postponed, no matter what inconveniences it would cause them. In short, I would never wed on a day I lost my parent.
God forbid it happening
Gloria Gwegwe
Nobody can predict what will happen to them, but I believe we can all prevent what we don’t want happening by not thinking about it. So, I would not like to think about losing a beloved parent on a crucial day in my life. God forbid it happening. It could crash one’s life at that moment, and for weeks to come, one would still be thinking about it. It would be like the world had collapsed. I want my parents to be there for me on my wedding day and I believe they would.
Every guest would have to go home
Oduniyi Adeniyi
No parents pray they witness their children’s deaths, but I know almost every parent prays they witness their children’s wedding days. They want to even carry their children’s children in their arms before they die. I would, therefore, not be able to imagine any of my parents not surviving till that day in my life. It would be something so painful that I would have to reschedule the wedding. All the guests, including the pastor, would have to go home.
We’d postpone the wedding
Chikodi Ugwuzor
I would not feel well throughout the day, so what would be the point of going on with the wedding? I believe that would be the normal thing to do. If a parent is sick and in bed on one’s wedding day, one would feel the pain, not to talk of losing one. Wedding can always be conducted at anytime; it’s not a ticket to a happy life. In that regard, I’d postpone it until the mourning period is over.
The wedding would be cancelled
Samam Seibofa
As for me, the right and the only thing to do on that day would be to cancel and shift the wedding until the dead is buried and the family is consoled. I’m trying to imagine what the atmosphere would be if the wedding was to be held that day. Everyone would be moody and unlike a proper wedding ceremony, when people would sing, dance and laugh, everyone would be weeping. God forbid it from happening, but if it did happen, the wedding would be cancelled.
I wouldn’t wed until the crisis is over
Possible Ega
Who would be happy and still go ahead to conduct the wedding that very day and I would show you a heartless person? No matter the desperation or desire to wed, it would end at that very moment. We would make another wedding plans when that moment of crisis is over. It would not matter how much we had spent before, but until my mind is off the incident, there would be no wedding. Let the guests go home.
The wedding could be done in the closet
Fakuade Ray
What a sorrowful transition it would be — from a wedding ceremony to a funeral! I don’t want to even think about such a scenario. That kind of transition is too awful and I don’t pray it happens to anyone. For those who had experienced it, I pray they are consoled because it is not easy. If it happened, it would not be about proving to be a man, but it would be about doing what was necessary. However, if the wedding would still hold, it could be done without being elaborate — an in-house affair. But that would not make it ‘sweet’ again

No comments:

Post a Comment